Westwood International School (WIS), established in 1988, provides international education to children from Reception to University entrance level. The school has 600 students from 39 different countries who receive an international education. WIS is an International Baccalaureate World Continuum School offering Primary Years Programme (PYP), Middle Years Programme (MYP), and the Diploma Programme (DP).
We’re on the lookout for a:
Westwood International School (WIS) is seeking a highly experienced international school professional to provide leadership within the Secondary Programme. The Secondary Principal will be responsible for a programme of study; which includes the International Baccalaureate Middle Years Programme (IBMYP) and the Diploma Program (IBDP. Experience of the IB Programs and curriculum development will be one of the essential qualities of the successful applicant. The school offers a competitive salary and benefits package; which includes annual home leave, furnished accommodation, medical insurance, gratuity and free tuition to dependents. There may also be opportunities for a teaching spouse.
The school invites applications for the Secondary Principal position at the school. This is a full-time position within a three-year contract period. The position is to commence on the 1st of September 2020.
The Secondary Principal reports directly to the Head of the School (HOS) and has direct lines of authority over MYP and DP Coordinators; Learning Leaders of the Secondary School; Student Services Coordinator; and staff in other positions of responsibility.
The Secondary Principal is responsible for the middle and secondary programmes at the school (Grades 7-13).
A Pedagogical Leader who can:
- oversee and direct the academic and extra-curricular programs at the school
- facilitate the regular review of curriculum – both horizontally and vertically
- provide the resource support needed to enable quality teaching and learning
A Strong Communicator who can:
- facilitate and manage meetings for staff and parents
- develop reports and relate information pertaining to programmes at the school to various audiences
Someone experienced in supervision of professional and academic support staff.
This is to include:
- knowledge of current Professional Development Models
- ability to manage change
- facilitate the process of recruitment and retention of professional staff
- manage the performance of the academic staff
- be knowledgeable in current approaches to assessment and reporting
- supervise student affairs in the school including overall discipline and pastoral care
Professional Qualification and experience for the Secondary Principal at WIS:
- Bachelor of Education / Masters in Education with experience in Educational management.
- A recognized teaching certificate
- Be able to supervise a team of IBDP or IBMYP teachers.
- Be trained to teach subjects within the IBMYP or IBDP Programme
- Preferably have experience with accrediting organizations e.g. Council of International School (CIS), International Baccalaureate
- The candidate must be able to facilitate and promote critical thinking and international mindedness.
Additional information about Westwood International School can be obtained from our website at: www.westwood.ac.bw
Resume and letter of interest outlining how past and current experiences respond to the needs of the post should be sent via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please file interest ASAP.
Applications deadline February 28, 2020
Initial shortlisted candidates will be interviewed by phone/Skype; final shortlisted candidates would then be invited to Gaborone.