Parents & Teachers Association (PTA)
The Westwood PTA, is a warm, open and welcoming community, made up of parents and teachers, who are experienced and ready to help build and strengthen the WIS school community in Gaborone.
The Parent Teacher Association (PTA) is open to all parents, members of staff and well-wishers of the School.
The Association’s dual objectives are:
- To foster positive working relationships and good communication between parents, teachers, and the school/school governing bodies;
- To provide a forum for discussion and stakeholder input on matters affecting students, parents and the broader Westwood community;
- To support the enhancement of educational facilities and opportunities where not otherwise provided for in the school budget;
- To increase the visibility of the school through hosting of community events and supporting the school’s community service initiatives;
- To motivate and mobilize parents and teachers to participate in School activities;
- To assist Westwood families in transitioning to and from the school;
- To raise funds as required to achieve the above objectives.
- Mpho Tlhong – Chair
- Jane Kitheka – Vice Chair
- Gomolemo Manake – Treasurer
- Oabile Mabeo – Secretary
- Sharon Simwnza – Mulenga
- Pony Poomore
- Goitseone Ketlhalefile
- Mabu Ntenta
- Mr. Naane
Any parent wishing to join the PTA is welcome to attend any of the meetings, which are advertised in the school’s newsletter.