Westwood International School provides a quality international education that enables students to meet future challenges as confident, socially responsible, life-long learners.
IBO Mission Statement
As an International Baccalaureate Organisation (IBO) World School, Westwood International School fully supports the Mission of IBO, namely:
The IBO aims to develop inquiring, knowledgeable and caring young people who help to create a better and more peaceful world through intercultural understanding and respect. To this end the IBO works with schools, governments and international organisations to develop challenging programmes of international educational education and rigorous assessment. These programmes encourage students across the world to become active, compassionate and lifelong learners who understand that other people, with their differences, can also be right.
Statement of Beliefs
At Westwood International School, we believe that to achieve our Mission we must provide:
- A learning community of students, teachers and parents;
- A learning programme which draws on both global and local perspectives and emphasises the need for a sustainable world;
- A learning programme which builds in students a strong moral and ethical foundation within the spirit of the UN Declaration of Human Rights;
- A learning programme which fosters student ownership of their learning and increasingly promotes the development of leadership and the taking of responsibility;
- An active, supportive and creative intellectual, social, physical and emotional learning environment;
- Rich, holistic international educational opportunities that draw on a wide range of disciplines;
- A learning programme which fully integrates the use of information and communication technology;
- Access to internationally recognised academic programmes which reflect the Mission and Statement of Beliefs.